Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

M O O N R I V E R

dedicated to the late 
GABRIEL R. RODRIGUEZ SR.
Nov. 26, 1936 - Aug. 4, 1980

He is by the way my father,
whom i lost 31 years ago.
i was then 10 years old...

this is one of his favorite!..

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Moon River

Wider than a mile
                 I'm crossing you in styleSome day...
Old dream maker
You heart breaker
Wherever you're going
I'm going your way...
Two driftersOff to see the world
There's such a lot of worldTo see...
We're after the same rainbow's end
Waiting around the bend
My Huckleberry friend
Moon River and me... 
oh! 31 years had past but still
it brings tears to my eyes.
how i long to see his face again.

how i wish i could have said
how much i love him.

may his soul rest in peace
with our Almight Father. 
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment